Saturday 14 May 2022

Testing 1-2-3 is this thing on?

So now that we have established that this thing is working, what now?

My plan for this space is to outline practices I have tried, ideas that occur to me, reviews of books or articles, and generally explore the world of software testing. So who am I and why should you care?

I started in QA about 2007, since then I have done a wide variety of types of testing. Recently centering around backend, API, and a little bit of frontend UI on desktop. In particular, I have spent a lot of time working on and building within Python frameworks for doing automated testing. In no way am I a language purist, if there is a better or easier way to do a task I am all for jumping onboard. Having said that, I generally find Python pretty flexible and able to achieve a large number of my goals.

In terms of my educational background, I did not do a computer science or even very technical program at school. Instead most of what I have learned has been through reading, trying stuff out, and failing... a lot. Patience and being willingness to take on a task without a clear idea of how to complete it will take you far, in my opinion.

So let's begin...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Toy Examples

  Goal Mainly people work from within whatever framework has been built at their work.This has the disadvantage that it is hard to try new t...